Welcome to Fusion Taekwondo
Fusion was formed in February, 2005 after breaking away from Buckmaster Taekwondo and is continually building a reputation for excellence locally, nationally and internationally. The club which trains regularly at the Bradfield Club, Peckham adheres to the tradition of Taekwondo but thrives from the Olympic sport side. As a club we attend competitions for all abilities, from beginners trying their first competition locally to more experienced fighters travelling overseas for A class competitions.
Fusion is very proud to have had students and coaches represent their country at European championships, World Championships, Commonwealth Games and even the Olympics…. So why couldn’t this be you?
Why Join us?
- Learn Traditional Taekwondo ( Self Defence & Poomsae)
- Olympic Sport Taekwondo (Kyrougi)
- Focus & Discipline
- Friendly Atmosphere
- Equal opportunities
- Competitive Prices
- Improve your fitness and physical well-being
- Opportunity to compete Nationally & Internationally
- Achieve your Black Belt
- Make friends
Definition of Taekwondo
“Tae” means “foot” or “to strike with the feet”. “Kwon” means “hand”, or “to strike with the hand”. “Do” means discipline, art, or way. Hence TaeKwonDo (foot-hand-way) means literally “the art of the feet and the hands” or “the art of kicking and punching”. Different schools and/or styles may impose different variations on the formal definition however. For example, some styles add the words “self defense” to the literal definition and/or throw in some form of the phrase “physical and mental training”
Tenets of Taekwondo
Etiquette: etiquette(noun): 1. conventions of correct or polite social behaviour. 2. rules, usually unwritten ones, regarding the behaviour of members of a particular profession etc towards each other.
- Modesty: modest (adj) : not having or showing pride; humble; not pretentious or showy
- Perseverance: perseverance (noun): the act or state of persevering; continued effort to achieve something one has begun, despite setbacks.
- Self Control: Self-control (noun): the ability to control one’s emotions and impulses.
- Indomitable Spirit: indomitable (adj) unable to be conquered or defeated.
All students must apply for membership to the club and the BTCB and remain valid members by annual renewal with the appropriate fees.
- All students shall respect the dignity of the Do Jang (Training Hall) at all times.
- All students shall respect other students at all times.
- All students shall respect and obey the Sabeom Nim’s (Instructor’s) directions at all times.
- All students shall keep their Dobok (Uniform) clean and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- All students shall respect the skills they are taught and shall not use them outside the Do Jang other than for self defence
- All students must have all officially recognized WTF protective wear / equipment as a standard part of their kit.
Want to Join The Club?
Fusion Taekwondo is open to all ages (4yrs+) and all abilities. The first session is absolutely free so you can see if you / your child enjoy it and want to continue.
After the first session we will require you to join the club and licence with British Taekwondo. Every person training Taekwondo is required to be a British Taekwondo member, this allows you to go through the process of gradings and to compete whether that be Fighting or Poomsae. There is an online system to become a member, ask an instructor or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information or any assistance with this